Friday, April 17, 2009

Break a Leg!

Or a Foot!

I knew my lifetime of no injuries had to end at some point...but I certainly wasn't planning on it happening 4 months before our wedding! I went to our new Farrell's location on Ashorth Wednesday night for Kickboxing class. The last 5 minutes of class was a series of high knees and situps. In one of the high knees sets I came down very, very wrong on my foot. Thinking it was probably just a simple "roll" I shrugged off my embarressment, finished the sit-ups and headed home. The pain got progressively worse and by 5 AM that next morning it was clear we needed to get the ER fast.

Jon wheeled me to the entrance desk in my little wheel chair where the check in ladies got a kick out us and our humor in the situation. Jon did a fantastic job of keeping me laughing...he knew if I wasn't laughing I would certainly be crying! Xrays and exams and two hours later, it was determined to be nothing life threating as Jon had hinted at (Sarah is having her foot amputated) and I would leave with a boot and crutches.

Working out will be inventive for the next few weeks, but I hope to get swimming and spinning as quickly as possible. Jon was such a trooper through the whole debacle! Up with me all night, carrying me around the house, calming my nerves! I'm sure this won't be our first medical emergency...but it's great to know that we can tackle em successfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment