Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Same 'Ol

It's cold most days....really cold most days! We haven't had much exciting going on which has therefore led to a lack of blogging. The basement has consumed most of Jon, Bob, and Jud's weekends. These boys have made some serious progress! I've watched from framing, to insulating, and now the drywall is almost complete. It's been really fun to watch the form to take shape and to see Jon and his dad work so closely on such a great project! I've enjoyed helping to pick out cabinets and soon carpet, woodwork, and shelving. It makes us both very anxious for our next (hopefully custom built) home.
-
I had a fairly severe bout with the stomach flu last week which was our really only exciting event so far this month. Jon was an excellent nurse; sleeping with me on the bathroom floor, catering to my every need, and eventually taking me into the ER for an IV full of fluids. It was a bit scary, but also pretty neat that our trip caused us to be rushed up to a birthing suite (after 15 weeks they automatically take you into a delivery room). While the fluids were administered we had a chance to check out all the fun things that will help us bring baby boy into the world in a few months. We're also "pre-registered" at Mercy now with parts of my birthing plan on file, so we'll have an easier time being admitted when the time comes.
-
Jon and I are anxiously awaiting our vacation in a couple weeks! I'm sure I'll have exciting things to post at that time. Until then...here's what I've been up to behind my desk -

No comments:

Post a Comment