Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hey Baby, We're Full Term!


Well, I apologize for all of the "baby update" posts lately for those of you who really have no interest in if I have stretch marks or not and what type of maternity clothing I'm currently wearing...but our lives our a little dull right now as we wait for the little man to come. We did have a large garage sale last weekend and really cleaned house. :) We had many helping hands with Bob, Lisa, Debbie, Molly, and Jud helping us set up and return our left over items to GoodWill. My mom also drove down for the day Friday to sit with me at the sale. She reverted back to being "my mom" and confined me to two hours of elevated feet/couch time to help ease the discomfort of my swollen ankes!
-
How Far Along?: 37.5 Weeks
Weight Gain: I stopped looking after my ankles quadrupled in size. :) I know it's mostly water at this point, but probably around 20-24 lbs.
Maternity Clothes: I am wearing normal - non maternity jeans today! WAHOO! An adorable new cardigan I got at Ann Taylor and of course my wardrobe staple, Old Navy Maternity tank. It feels so nice to be in something resembling a normal outfit.
Sleep: Getting harder...but still fine. I'm just finding I need less sleep, so I'm going to bed later so I sleep harder.
Best Moment of the Week: Today and these Jeans, the doctor telling me I've droped at my Tuesday appt, our incredible stroller being delivered, an adorable package of little "sneaker" socks from Jon's mom and a coming home outfit with little sailboats on it from mine (I just hold and stare at these things forever...I can't wait until he's IN them!), and several fun lunch dates with some lovely ladies!
Food Cravings:Nothing...food is just fuel really. I am avoiding all salt though when possible.
Labor Signs: Our little false alarm and my trip to Labor and Delivery at 35.5 got my hopes up he'd be coming soon...but I was still just a "1" at this week's appointment. I think he's staying put a while. Even the Braxton Hicks seem to be a bit better.
What I'm looking forward to:Seeing what he looks like - his hair color, who's eyes and nose he has, and rocking him.
What I miss Most:I've stopped missing things...just excited for our adventure this summer! I am anxious to start running though with Jon and the babe in the stroller.
Fears:Oddly calm? Just ready to get the show on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment