Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Babe Stats

How Far Along: 33 Weeks, 2 Days
Weight Gain: +17 Lbs
Maternity Clothes: Mostly all now. I'm getting to the point where fashion is always sacrificed for comfort - so I live in my Olian Maternity slacks for work and Citizen Mat jeans. I have a few favorite Maternity tops, mostly from the Gap but still wear my normal cardigans with the cute tops to help add some pizazz. :) My winter coats no longer button or zip so I'm glad to have those packed away for the season and I've now traded Uggs for Reefs. My feet don't swell all the time, but have some growth by the end of the day and definitly after a walk. $15 Target Ballet flats are doing the trick this spring!
Sleep: Knock on wood - I'm still sleeping great! I get up 2 or 3 times a night still and have found I'm needing more around my "normal" 8 hours and less of my first trimester 10-12 hours.
Stretch Marks: Nope! My belly button ring scar is looking funny though. Mom - you were right, I should have never gotten that. :)
Best Moment of the Week: Easter in Houghton this past weekend was fun! It was great to see my Aunt Julianne and Uncle David and their kids and of course Grandma and Grandpa. I spent some time with my mom enjoying my last trip to Iowa City before delivery. Also Jon getting home from Arizona Monday! I was SO happy to see him.
Food Cravings: None, just lots and lots of water, all the time. I can't eat much at one sitting particularly in the evening. Late dinners do make it hard to sleep - baby is fighting for space!
Movement: Kicking hard and noticeably. I think strangers are starting to notice!
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks are starting. I notice them mostly after my harder workouts and when I'm lifting and moving boxes, laundry, etc. This are starting to infuriate Jon because now my body is telling me to slow down in addition to him.
What I'm looking forward to: Baby shower this weekend! Yay! My Aunt Anne Lewis and cousin Libby are throwing a shower for me in Mason City Saturday. My cousin Libby is very excited for the baby, which makes me even more excited. I remember when she was a baby and my sister and I would love to spend time with her - so I'm anxious for her to spend time with my baby. :)
Milestones: Making it past 32 weeks (baby's after this point are almost always significantly healthier and less post birth issues).
What I miss most: Sushi, running, working out to exhaustion, being able to pick things up without squating and grunting, and using my stomach to help balance, move, lift, heave, etc. Alcohol (believe it or not). I have a skinny girl mojito night planned as soon as Baby Foss takes a bottle!
Fears: I've been having horrific pregnancy dreams. Sunday night after coming back to Des Moines alone I had a terrible one Jon left me and I have to finish out the pregnancy and raise the baby alone! I woke up to him gone (obviously still on his trip) and was terrified. In general I just don't like him to leave me for long periods of time now. Read: Needy!

1 comment:

  1. whoo hoo it's the countdown now! excited to see you at thursdays girls night AND satuday at shower! :)

    ReplyDelete